Disclaimer: Before you proceed on reading below, this post is based on my personal opinion and I am NOT a licence immigration officer. If you need professional advise, consult a professional IO.
About this Visa: This visa helps young, educated people come to New Zealand. You can apply for this visa if you’re a citizen of the Republic of the Philippines and you have at least NZ $4,200 to live on during your stay. While you’re here, you can study and work while you enjoy your holiday.
Duration: 12 Months Age Range: 18-30 years Qouta: 100 per year
- You can only apply for a Working Holiday Visa online.
- You can’t accept a permanent job or work for the same employer for more than 3 months.
- You can’t bring children with you on a working holiday. If you have a partner who wants to come to New Zealand, they’ll need to apply for their own visa.
How to apply:
- Secure a slot – The website will open on 07 February 2019 (10AM NZT) meaning, 5AM here in the Philippines. Wake up early, take a coffee and prepare your laptop/desktop with high speed internet.
- The slot open exactly at 5:01PHT AM (10:01NZT) so make sure you click the apply button on the exact time.
- Once you are in, you need to finish to fill-up the forms in less than 10 mins, yes, in just 10mins. Based on my experience for whv 2017, all 100 slots was filled in less than 10 mins, else better luck next year. 🙂
- If you have reached the payment, pray that your payment proceeds and you have secured a slot.
- Congrats! but not yet.
- You will receive an email containing your application ID that looks like one below. I received it at 5:11AM but I finished and clicked the Pay button around 5:07AM. Just to share my internet speed (70MBPS).
- Once you received the email above, it is time to prepare all the necessary requirements.
Required Documents and its Cost:
- Valid Passport, 6 months rule.
- Bank statement with a mininum of 4200NZD close to 150k PHP. – 150,000. But prepare 200k or more, just to be safe.
- Chest X-Ray (accredited hospitals only). You can go to St. Lukes BGC (2nd floor) for this – 2,300
- Transcript of Records – 0
- Diploma -0
- Birth Certificate – 175
- Medical Insurance for a year – 12,000 (You can get this if your visa was approved, for submission you can provide a Letter of Undertaking that means you will get medical insurance prior to your flight to NZ)
- WHV Visa Processing- 8,000
Total Cost: Close to 23,000PHP, excluding the 150K or more that needs to be in your account.
Below are the scanned documents that I submitted to the assigned IO. I did the Full E-Medical (11,600PHP) but X-Ray will do.
- Secured the slot on 08 February 2018.
- Submitted documents to the assigned IO 15 February 2018.
- WHV Visa approved on 06 March 2018.